So she is still here and is scheduled to go to the vet tomorrow morning. I got in touch with a lady that is a family friend who works with a local animal rescue. They are going to vet her for me and then I was going to let her find a home. Well I don't think that is a good idea. At first glance lots of people would want her she is super cute. But after trying to get to know her for a minute I don't think many people would want her becuase she is still super scared and you CANNOT pick her up or cuddle with her or anythine like that. Even after a month or so of really working with her everyday she really loves me and isn't scared of me as long as I don't move fast, don't make loud noise and really likes it when I sit down with her. I think we are going to just keep her as an outside kitty for now. I don't think she would like to be an inside kitty she likes to kill mice and eat them and play outside. Once I know she is safe health wise to bring in with Cleo I will let her in maybe for a little inside time or something. Also I don't think Cleo is going to tolerate another kitty in our house and she shouldn't have to that is not fair to her.
Also because of stories like this:
http://ourfunlife.typepad.com/our_fun_life/2007/08/tender.html
The rescue organization would try their best but if someone took her home and then gave up on her who knows where she would end up.
I will not send this kitty away! Most people are not patient with animals like I am and she really takes working with. I am scared that people will give up on her and that would make me sad. I will make her a little house to stay in outside and make sure she is not sick and I will love her. I will not make her homeless, I refuse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment