Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cat Bite. . . .

Ok so I was supposed to have taken "stray kitty" as I call her to the vet on Friday morning. I knew that getting her contained was going to be hard but I thought I could do it. Well the carrier that I have was small so I thought that maybe that I could put her in the shed for the night and then it would be easier to get her in the carrier. Well on Thursday night I got her in the shed after coaxing her for about 40 minutes and shut the door. As soon as she knew the door was shut she went CRAZY. Poor little thing was so scared that when I finally just put the cat carrier down beside her she went right in. I decided that she should stay in a carrier for the night but the one I have is sooo small that I had to think of something else. Well I had my mom bring the carrier that she has which is much bigger down to my house and then I would make the transfer. All was going well until I had the genius idea that she would go from one carrier to the other all on her own! I had the smaller carrier door in the big one and had all the little holes covered or so I thought. Well all the sudden there was a little grey head coming out of a hole I didn't know about and I tried to stop her but she bit me scratched me and then ran off. CRAP! I am so mad at myself for being so stupid about the whole thing that could be another post. Anyway. . . I washed the cuts and went back outside but she was nowhere to be found. Just yesterday was the first day that she would even come near me and let me pet her again. We will have to try again. I didn't go to the doctors about the bite and everyone was worried which in turn made me freak out. It turned out ok and I didn't go to the docs but I am fine and the bite it healing well. It wasn't a big bite anyway just one tooth went in a little. Needless to say the saga continues. . . . .

No comments: