I babysit my two youngest cousins a lot, they are 4 and 7, and about a month ago the oldest came to me and said " I know there isn't really a Santa!" I said "What would give you that idea??" She responded with "A boy in my class told me that my mom and dad were Santa." I said when that is a shame he thinks that because Santa gets very sad when people stop believing in him. I proceeded to tell her that I know he is real because I am a Secret Elf!! You see since there are so many boys and girls in the world now Santa's regular elves need help watching the boys and girls to see if they are naughty or nice. So as a Secret Elf I have to tell Santa or the elves if the boys and girls that I know are being naughty or nice. This gives Santa and the elves more time to get all the toys together. Well they took it hook, line and sinker!! We talked about it for almost an hour and at the end of it they were so convinced and excited about Santa coming to see them and Santa in general! About a week later I made a letter from Santa on the computer and put it in an envelope with a stamp on it and I have a rubber stamp that is a postmark from the North Pole!! They got them a day they were supposed to come over to my house and you should have seen how excited they were!!
I love Christmas and I love making little kids believe in the magic of it! I believed in Santa until I was 13. Yes 13!! I KNEW that he was real and everyone that was telling me that he wasn't was just plain old dumb!! I was so mad at my mom when she told me that he wasn't real, LOL!! So it really makes me mad that kids at school tell other kids especially at 7 that Santa is not real!! Can you tell I am just in love with this season!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment