Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Hokies . . .
I made these letters for my mom as a Christmas gift. While we were at one of the football games this year at Virginia Tech my mom saw some wooden letters that they for sale at a store that spelled out HOKIES. I said don't buy those I can make some that are cuter then that!! Also since they were only painted orange and maroon I thought that the price was a little much ($45) for letter that were less then 6 inches tall. This is my first try at altering anything and I really am pleased with how they turned out.
The letters are about 6 inches tall and are white on the edges, I would make them a color for myself but my mom might think it is a little much. They also have a stand that they can go on as they have holes drilled in the bottom of each letter. I should have taken a picture of the stand but I have already wrapped it so I will have to do it when she opens it. I made them removable from the stand so she can have them displayed how she wants. I got these at Michaels and they were really easy to work with. After I got the paper on and them cut out I started out sanding the edges with sandpaper but then discovered that a fairly rough nail file was easier for me to use. I have a few more altered letter projects that I will be posting in the next few days. Tell me what you think!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You did an AWESOME job on these Meghan! Love the colors!!
Post a Comment