Last Saturday my husband finally got to have his "
crawfish boil" or as they are
affectionately know "mud bugs". Wesley is from the gulf coast of Mississippi so this is his territory for sure. We had them
over-nighted to get here live and had some family over to join in the fun. Now us (my family) being from Maryland haven't ever experienced these lovely creatures before, so this was new for everyone but Wesley. We also had some gator (yes as in alligator) fried and grilled which was also
over-nighted from the lovely state of
Louisiana! Everyone really seemed to like the crawfish even the little girls some like the gator and some didn't. We had plenty crawfish left over so my dad tried his hand and some gumbo. He didn't do too bad but it wasn't the same as "back home" I don't think. We had a great day even though we had quite a light show in the evening and it rained like crazy. Here are a few pictures from that day.

Before they went in the pot Wesley had a stare down with one of the little guys. This picture just cracks me up!!

This is a pot of cooked crawfish ready to eat. We sure did have fun that day!!!
2 comments:
I have to say I do not like the taste of crawfish! I'm sure you all did have a good time once everyone got together! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures!
How fun! :-)
Btw, I love the photos that you took of little Mason! You are VERY talented!
Post a Comment